Bring your friends and mingle with other supporters of conservation and development work in Madagascar while enjoying live music and $1 off in-house beers. All guests get one free raffle ticket, and we have a ton of great prizes (buy more tickets to up your chances!). It’s free to attend, and you’ll get to meet a ton people doing work with lemurs and Madagascar. We want to see all of you there!
- 6 – 10 pm
- At Right Proper Brewing Company
- Live music from the Bitter Dose Combo from 7-9pm
- $1 off most drafts
- Lots of raffle prizes! (all guests get one free raffle ticket, buy more to up your chances!)
- Right Proper is lemur-izing one of their signature beers for the night with a special lemur name!
- Alison Jolly’s Thank You Madagascar on sale from 6-8pm
Buy Alison Jolly’s new book Thank You, Madagascar at the launch party
We’ll have the book for sale from 6 to 8 pm. Get to the party by 7 pm for a chance to win a free copy!
Alison Jolly was a pioneer in conservation in Madagascar, and contributed so much to the field of lemur conservation. Her conservation diaries offer “a rich account of the lives of people who live on Madagascar, the daily work of conservation science, [and] reveal the beauty and tragedy of the island’s biological richness.”
- Check out the book before it’s even available in the bookstore
- One lucky guest will win a free copy! (winner selected at 7 pm raffle)
So Many Awesome Prizes!
- Ring-tailed Lemur bobbleheads (winners selected at 7 and 9 pm raffles)
- Lemurs of Madagascar pocket identification guide books
- One copy of Allison Jolly’s new book Thank You, Madagascar (winner selected at 7 pm raffle)
- Books on lemurs and Madagascar
- Lemur t-shirts
- Recent issues of Lemur News
- Conservation International Tote bags
- And more!
We’ve chosen our Winning Member Organizations for the party!
We didn’t want to choose favorites (all of our organizations do amazing and inspiring work to protect lemurs!), so we drew two members out of a bin to select the organizations that will receive donations during the launch party.
Sadabe will receive the donations from guests during the party, and will benefit from the raffle! Congratulations, Sadabe!
Conservation Fusion will win the #ilovelemurs donation from our website partner The Art Monkey. Congratulations, Conservation Fusion!
We encourage our members to send a representative to the event, so you can share your story with guests. You are welcome to bring materials to share on our information table. If you or a representative of your organization plan to attend, be sure to let us know!
Brag All Night on Social Media to Support Lemur Conservation
The Art Monkey will be donating $5 for every social media mention of the Lemur Conservation Network at the event (up to $500) to Conservation Fusion, who does inspiring conservation education work in Madagascar. So, keep your phones handy, and brag all night to your friends on Facebook and Twitter that you’re at the hottest conservation event of the year!